What are Uterine Fibroids? How to manage it? What are the precautions to be taken? What are the signs and symptoms? What is the cause of this disease? How to treat it? How can homeopathy help you? All of this answered, in this post and of course our doctors always there to help you. Just fill in your details in the form down below and we will answer all your questions for FREE!
What are uterine fibroids?
Uterine fibroids is also known as leiomyomas, myomas or fibromyoma or myoma as it is muscle tissue of the wall of the uterus.
The uterine fibroid growing on the wall of the uterus that is the part of female reproductive organ.
It is a benign not cancerous growth from the muscular layer of the uterus (womb).
The estrogen is the main hormone which plays important role in the formation of the fibroid.
Which age group are more affected due to uterine fibroids?
The Uterine fibroids arise during menarche till the menopause.
Mainly the 35-45 years of age women are more affected.
It can also be seen in young girls the age of 10-12 years.
What causes Uterine Fibroids ?
• Family history of the patient.
• Fibroids rarely occur after menopause and before puberty.
• Estrogen growth hormone.
• Human placental lactogen.
What are the risk factors of Uterine Fibroids?
• A family history of fibroids
• 30 years age or older
• Alcohol intake
• OCP pills
Is there any type of uterine fibroids?
In this type the fibroids grow in the tissues of the wall of the uterus.
In this mainly the posterior wall of the uterus is the most common site where fibroids occur.
SUBSEROUS (sub peritoneal)
In this type of uterine fibroid grow on the outside of the uterus.
In this type when fibroid grows towards the mucous membrane of the uterus and enters the uterus cavity it forms this type of fibroid.
This type of fibroids grow on small stalks inside or outside the uterus.
What are the sign and symptoms of uterine fibroids?
• Abnormal, prolong and heavy menses known as menorrhagia.
• Irregular menses.
• Painful menses.
• Pelvic pain.
• Frequent urination.
• Low back pain.
• Pain during intercourse.
• White discharge from vagina.
• Palpitation and weakness occurs due to anemia (due to heavy menstrual bleeding ).
• In case of pregnancy, if the fibroids are present and large in size, it can cause abortion.
Is fibroid painful?
Yes in some cases the fibroids causes the pain.
Uterine fibroid are noncancerous tumors that grow on the walls or lining of the uterus.
But in some cases, the pain from fibroids can be severe.
Can fibroids turn into cancer?
The uterine fibroid is a non – cancerous condition. In very rare cases the uterine fibroid turns into a cancerous condition. If the fibroid turns inti cancer known as leiomyosarcoma.
How to investigate uterine fibroids?
• History of the patient.
• Family history of the patient.
• Physical examination of the patient.
• Blood Test.
• Pelvic ultrasound.
• Trans vaginal ultrasound.
• X – ray.
What is the differential diagnosis of uterine fibroids?
• Ovarian tumor
• Tubo ovarian mass
• Endometrial carcinoma (cancer)
• Metropathica hemorrhagic(abnormal uterine bleeding)
• Pelvic kidney
Can fibroids burst?
• Yes, in some rare severe cases the uterine fibroids may burst.
• They infrequently cause acute complications.
What are the complications of uterine fibroids?
• Septic fever
• Infertility in rare cases.
How to treat uterine fibroids?
The treatment of uterine fibroid depends upon the:
• Overall health and medical history of the patient.
• The extent of the disease.
• Surgery Hysterectomy.
Can homeopathy help in uterine fibroids?
Yes,homeopathic medicine in this case symptomatically. Some of the homeopathic medicines which can help in this case. These are:
• Fraxinus Americans
• Calcarea flourica
• Iridium palladium
• Lapis alba
Why not ask your query directly to Dr. Thind’s team? Get an expert opinion FOR FREE!