What is Chikungunya? How to manage it? What are the precautions to be taken? What are the signs and symptoms? What is the cause of this disease? How to treat it? How can homeopathy help you? All of this answered, in this post and of course our doctors always there to help you. Just fill in your details in the form down below and we will answer all your questions for FREE!
What is Chikungunya?
Chikungunya is a mosquito-borne viral disease.
The chikungunya is transmitted to humans by the bite of Aedes aegypti mosquito.
This mosquito can be found biting throughout daylight hours, though there may be peaks of activity in the early morning and late afternoon.
The Aedes mosquito mainly bites in the day time.
The Chikungunya infection spreads mainly in the monsoon season.
Is it contagious?
No, the chikungunya is a non – contagious disease.
How chikungunya is transmitted?
The chikungunya virus is transmitted from humans by the bite of an infected female mosquito.
What is the incubation period of Chikungunya?
The incubation period is 4-8 days but, in some cases, it varies 1 to 12 days.
Which age group is more affected due to chikungunya?
The individuals of any age are affected due to chikungunya.
More the sexes are affected equally.
What causes chikungunya?
The Aedes aegypti mosquito (also called yellow fever mosquito) causes Chikungunya.
How to recognize chikungunya sign and symptoms?
• Firstly, the fever lasting for days to a few weeks.
• Fever with joint pain is the most common symptoms.
• The abrupt onset of high fever more than 100’F.
• There is pain and swelling in joints.
• Swelling present on the joints mainly in the morning.
• Vomiting in some cases.
• Skin rashes appear within the first 48 hours.
• Pain in joints may last for months in some cases.
• Loss of appetite.
• Conjunctivitis in some cases.
Are there any investigations for chikungunya?
• Blood test.
• Serological test, in this ELISA test, is done for confirmation or presence of IgM and IgG anti in the blood.
• PCR – reverse transcriptase –polymerase chain reaction methods.
How to prevent chikungunya?
• Using mosquito repellents creams, nets.
• Wearing long-sleeved clothes
• Emptying standing water
• Water to be kept in closed containers
• Rainwater to be regularly cleared
• Avoiding water stagnation
• Take proper rest.
• Drink fluids to prevent dehydration.
• Use Mosquito nets.
Which fruit is good for chikungunya?
The foods rich in vitamin c like:
What is the indicated medicine of chikungunya?
Some of the indicated medicines are:
• Eupatorium perfoliatum
• Colchicum (Colchicine)
• China Officinalis
• Rhus Toxicodendron
• Arsenicum album
• Arnica montana
Why not ask your query directly to Dr. Thind’s team? Get an expert opinion FOR FREE!