Zika? Zika Virus? What is it? How does it spread? Is there a cure? The Signs and Symptoms! How is it different from typhoid or dengue or malaria? How can homeopathy help? All of this answered in this post. But, if you are suffering from it, or seeing some signs and symptoms, just fill in your details in the form down below and we will answer all your questions for FREE!
Zika virus is a mosquito-borne viral disease which causes a condition associated with fever. It is very similar to dengue fever.
Get help from our expert team of doctors!
Looking for answers, help for the disease? Why not take an expert’s opinion? Fill in some of your info below and we will answer all your questions. IT’S FREE. We will call you back within 48 hours!
We are always here to help you. Just take one step towards Dr. Thind’s Homeopathy, we’ll offer you the best treatment.
It is caused by an arbovirus of the flavivirus family, which causes disease like dengue, West Nile, fever, and Japanese encephalitis.
This virus was first isolated from a rhesus monkey in Uganda in 1947.
The virus is common in the west and central Africa but also occurs in Pakistan, India, Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
A pregnant mother can pass it to her baby during pregnancy or around the time of birth. It can spread through sexual contact. There have also been reports that the virus has spread through blood transfusions.
It causes illness in about one in five people, but particularly dangerous for pregnant women, it can cause a condition called microcephaly, which means that children are born with an abnormally small head.
Age and Incidence of Zika Virus
Zika virus mainly affects the 20-29 years of age group and females are more affected than males.
Transmission of Zika Virus
- Zika virus transmitted through mosquito bites (Aedes mosquito). It usually bites during the day, peaking during early morning and late afternoon and evening. This is the same mosquitoes that transmit dengue, chikungunya and yellow fever.
- Sexual transmission of Zika virus is also possible.
- From a pregnant woman to her fetus.
- Other modes of transmission such as blood transfusion.
Incubation Period of Zika Virus
The incubation period of Zika Virus is 3 to 12 days.
Causes of Zika Virus
- Zika virus is caused by Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus mosquito bite.
- Poor unhygienic condition.
Signs and Symptoms of Zika Virus
The symptoms of the disease occur after 4-7 days of a mosquito bite.
This may cause:
- Muscular pains
- Rash (specifically maculopapular in variety)
- Fever(low grade, generally up to 100° F)
- Joints Pain
-Mainly joints of the hands and feet.
-Difficulty in standing and sitting.
- Conjunctivitis (pinkeye)
-Redness of eyes.
-Watering of eyes.
- Have an adverse effect on a pregnant woman or their babies that is microcephaly.
- Microcephaly is characterized by infants who have a smaller head. They have the low intellectual ability. These children don’t have well-developed brains. Due to these children suffering from difficulty in hearing and vision.
Diagnosis of Zika Virus
- The diagnosis of Zika virus is based on a person’s recent travel history, symptoms, and test results.
- Blood or Urine test can confirm a Zika infection.
- Serological examination.
- Symptoms of Zika virus are similar to other illnesses that spread through mosquito bites which are malaria, dengue and chikungunya.
Differential Diagnosis of Zika Virus
- Abrupt onset of high-grade fever(102° F).
- Fever, joint pain, muscle pain, eye infection and skin rashes.
- Pain in joints of hands and feet. Swelling is present and the pain is high in the morning.
- Rashes on the skin, mainly on the trunk, limbs, and face.
- Chikungunya may remain for a long time and convert to chronic (condition joint pain).
- Low-grade fever (less than 100° F).
- Skin maculopapular rash firstly on the face.
In severe cases
- Bleeding (nose and gum, easy bruises).
- Abdominal pain.
- Vomiting blood.
- Breathing difficulty.
- Sudden onset of high fever(more than 102° F).
- Muscle pain on the back, arms, and legs.
- Sometimes joint pain on knees and shoulders.
- Rashes usually limited to face and limbs.
- It is life-threatening condition due to low platelet count due to petechial hemorrhage.
Allopathic treatment of Zika Virus
There is no vaccine to prevent Zika virus.
Complications of Zika Virus
Management of Zika Virus
- Proper rest.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids.
- Do not spray insect repellent on the skin under clothing.
- Treat clothing with permethrin or purchase permethrin-treated clothing.
- Use a mosquito bed net.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants.
Homoeopathic treatment of Zika Virus
- Body pain and character of the pain is stitching and tearing type.
- Affected joints are red, swollen and hot.
- Muscles pain by little movements and better by rest.
- Excessive thirst.
- Eyes sore to touch and when moving them.
- Pressing, crushing aching pain present in the eyes.
- Constant pain in bones as someone beat with an iron rod.
- The chill between 7-9 a.m preceded by thirst with great soreness and aching of bones.
- Perspiration relieves all symptoms except a headache.
- Eyes discomfort.
- Aching pain in the back.
- Rashes present over the whole body.
- Itching also present.
- The weakness of the body.
- Prickling sensation all over the body.
- Patient restless at night from pain in wrists and knees joint.
Rhus – Tox
- Pain in muscles and joints during a rest position.
- Patient has restlessness.
- Chilly, as if cold water were poured over him, followed by heat and inclination to stretch the limbs.
- Complaints better by motion.
Ledum – Pal
- The ache in eyes.
- Discomfort in eyes with itching.
- Joints pain and affected joints are swollen, hot and pale.
- Patient has a sensation as if cold water over parts, general coldness with the heat of face.
If you want more information about the deadly virus, read more at CDC and WHO.
Eating tasty desserts doesn’t mean you cannot stay fit. You can opt for healthier desserts too. Read this article...
Almost every one of us has experienced hiccups which is an uncomfortable, embarrassing moment because if it is happened...
A case study showing how Dr. Thind’s homeopathic medicines have a permanent solution for insomnia. Read this case study...
A case study of chronic constipation complete recovery with Dr. Thind’s homeopathic medicines. Read this case study to know...
What is hCG? How important is it? Why is the test done? Everything around this, that you should know,...
What is Vitamin B12? How important is it? Why the Vitamin B12 Test? What are the foods rich in...