Prerenal azotemia( Uremia ) is an abnormally high level of nitrogen end products of protein and amino acid metabolis in the blood as a result of kidney failure Azotemia refers to high levels of urea .
Uremia commonly develops with chronic renal failure or may be with acute-renal failure .Since in Uremia failure of kidney to filter nitrogen waste products properly leads to high level of nitrogen wastes in blood .
The chief cause of uremia is kidney damage in case of – high blood pressure , diabetes mellitus , glomerulonephritis and sometimes due to blockage of urine because of stones .Causes of Uremia/Prerenal Azotemia
Uremia usually develops only after the creatinine clearance falls to less than 10mL/min.
• Weight loss
• Muscle cramps
• Change in mental status
• Thirst and swelling
• Decreased urine production
• Pain in abdomen
• Cardiac arrest
• GI bleeding
• Acute renal failure
• Chronic renal failure
• Diabetic nephropthy
• Acute and chronic Glomerulonephritis
• IV fluids
• Dietary changes
• Polyuria during night
• Heavy red sediment , retention , back pain
• Stool hard, difficult
• Child cries before urinating
Apis mellifica –
• Soreness , burning while urinating
• Incontinence , burning and smarting
• Stinging pain , scanty , high colored urine
• Loaded with casts
Merc sol –
• Frequent urge to urinate
• Greenish discharge from urethra
• Burning, urine – dark , bloody , aluminous
Why not ask your query directly to Dr. Thind’s team? Get an expert opinion FOR FREE!