Swine flu (H1N1) is a respiratory disease caused by Influenza virus infecting the respiratory tract of pigs.
Swine Flu is contagious, it is transmissible among humans. Swine flu virus was first isolated from pigs in 1930 in U.S. The major cause of Swine flu is an influenza virus designated as H1N1. It got its name because of two major antigens (H and N) .
The major outbreak occurs during the winter months. The symptoms of Swine Flu are similar to symptoms of regular influenza in humans.Causes of Swine Flu
Swine flu can spread from an infected person like touching objects of an infected person.
Can spread through sneezing, kissing or any type of contact with infected person.
Swine flu does not spread by eating pork.
• High fever
• Loss of apetite
• Running nose and sore throat
• Chills and aching in muscles
Diagnosis is done by a physician by taking complete patient history, knowing about his contact with an infected person, a test is done in which naso-pharyngeal swab sample is taken for detecting Influenza A & B.
This test can be positive or negative for type A & B . If the test is + for Type B the flu is not likely to be Swine Flu (H1N1 ) .
If the test is + for Type A , the person could have conventional flu stain or Swine Flu . Although the accuracy of this test has not been fully proved.
Few people who are at a greater risk are –
• Pregnant women
• Patient of chronic lung disease
• Patient of any heart, kidney and liver disease.
• Patient with Mellitus.
• Washing hands frequently
• The sick person should remain at home
• Maintaining a good hygiene
• Avoiding contact with an infected person.
Two anti – viral agents Zanamivir and Oseltamivir have been reported to reduce the effect of Swine Flu if taken within 48 hours of onset of symptoms.
Homeopathy was very successful in dealing with the 1918-19 flu pandemic. Here is a quote from the famous historian Julian Winston:
Perhaps the most recent use of homeopathy in a major epidemic was during the Influenza Pandemic of 1918.
The Journal of the American Institute for Homeopathy, May, 1921, had a long article about the use of homeopathy in the flu epidemic. Dr. T A McCann, from Dayton, Ohio, reported that 24,000 cases of flu treated allopathically had a mortality rate of 28.2% while 26,000 cases of flu treated homeopathically had a mortality rate of 1.05%.
Homeopathy plays an important role in curing and preventing Swine Flu .
These are – Gelsemium , Bryonia , Belladona , Arsenicum Album , Eupatorium and Rhus Tox .
Arsenicum album –
Its periodicity makes it suitable to epidemics, and it suits the early symptoms when the affection is in the upper portion of the respiratory tract.
• Prostration and depression
• Cough is worse in evening
• Aching pains and restlessness.
• Pulse full , hard and tense
• Chills with external coldness
• Aching in every muscle
• Pain stitching worse by motion and better by rest
• A high feverish state
• Burning , pungent and steaming heat
• No thirst with fever
• Hot , red skin ,flushed face
Eupatorium perfoliatum –
• Known as Bone Set
• Chill between 7 and 9 a.m
• Great soreness and aching in bones
• Patient with dullness, dizziness and drowsiness
• Patient is weak, tired and aches throughout the body
• Bilious remittent fever with stupor , dizziness , faintness , thirstless.
• Chills up and down the back .
Why not ask your query directly to Dr. Thind’s team? Get an expert opinion FOR FREE!