What is chronic sinusitis? What are the signs and symptoms? Who are at risk? What is the treatment? What causes this problem? Is it curable? What are the signs and symptoms? How can homeopathy help you? All of this and more answered, in this post and of course our doctors always there to help you. Just fill in your details in the form down below and we will answer all your questions for FREE!
Sinusitis simply means inflammation of one or more of the sinuses. Sinuses are the small hollow cavities (spaces) located in the brain. They are also referred to as paranasal sinuses as they are present surrounding the nasal cavity.
Sinusitis can be caused by infection, also by allergies and chemical or particulate irritation of the sinuses.
There are four pairs of sinuses. Functions of the sinuses are to produce mucus that moisturizes the nose from inside.
• Frontal sinuses situated over the eyes in the brow area
• Maxillary sinuses situated inside each cheekbone
• Ethmoid sinuses situated just behind the bridge of the nose and between the eyes
• Sphenoid sinuses situated behind the ethmoid in the upper region of the nose and behind the eyes.
What causes sinusitis?
Allergic reaction such as hay fever, asthma
• Viral, bacterial or fungal infection
• Excessive blowing of the nose
• Foreign objects in nostril (especially in children)
• Changes in air pressure
• Side effects of certain drugs
• Obstructions in the nasal or sinus cavities (such as nasal polyps, deviated nasal septum)
• Dental caries
• Large adenoids
• Weak immune system
What are the symptoms of sinus problems?
• Clear, watery nasal discharge
• A cough mild
• nasal and ear itching
• nasal congestion
• tearing and eye itching
• fever and chill
• muscle and joints pain
• a sore throat and hoarseness
• post nasal dripping
• a headache
• bad breath
• Loss of smell
What triggers sinusitis?
Sinusitis is caused by a virus and may persist even after upper respiratory symptoms are gone. In some cases, bacteria, or rarely fungus, may responsible for a sinus infection. Some conditions such as allergies, nasal polyps, and tooth infections can also lead to sinus pain and symptoms.
What is the Treatment?
• Nasal corticosteroids
• Nasal decongestants
What are the Complications?
• Meningitis (infection spread to the lining of the brain)
• Brain abscess
• Ear infection
• Reduced vision
What are the Investigations?
• Medical history and physical examination of the patient.
• X-ray, CT scan or MRI may be done in order to confirm the diagnosis.
• Examining Nasal Secretions
• Allergy testing
• Blood tests for infection
How does Homeopathy help?
Why not ask your query directly to Dr. Thind’s team? Get an expert opinion FOR FREE!