Rheumatic Fever? What is this? What causes this problem? Is it curable? What are the signs and symptoms? How can homeopathy help you? All of this and more answered, in this post and of course our doctors always there to help you. Just fill in your details in the form down below and we will answer all your questions for FREE!
What is Rheumatic fever?
Rheumatic fever is an inflammatory disease which can develop after an infection with group A Streptococcus bacteria .Rheumatic fever affects heart, joints, skin and brain.
Rheumatic fever is dangerous as it causes permanent damage to the cardiac structures leading in heart failure.
What are the causes of Rheumatic fever?
Rheumatic fever happens after a throat infection with bacterium –Streptococcus Pyogenes (Group A streptococcus ) .Streptococcus infections causes strep throat or rarely rheumatic fever .
Some of the diagnostic criteria are as follows-
• inflammation of the heart (carditis)
• joints swollen, painful and stiff (polyarthritis)
• jerky involuntary movements (chorea)
• pink skin rash (erythema marginatum)
• Skin nodules
Risk factors –
• Family history
• Environmental factors ( poor sanitation , overcrowding )
Who are more prone to get affected with Rheumatic fever?
Rheumatic fever usually affects children of age group between 5-15 years.
Describe the signs and symptoms of Rheumatic fever?
• Abdominal pains
• Joints pains (knees, elbows, ankles and wrists)
• Joints swelling
• Skin nodules
• Skin rash (erythema marginatum)
• Shortness of breath
• Chest pain
• Skin eruptions
• Pain in one joint shifting to other
• Jerky body movements (Sydenham chorea )
• Weight loss
What is the Treatment for Rheumatic Fever ?
• Anti-inflammatory medications
• Anti-convulsant medications
What are the Investigations advised in Rheumatic Fever?
• Electrocardiogram ( ECG)
• Test for strep infection
• Physical examination
• Listening to heart for abnormal rhythms
• Complete blood count
What are the complications of Rheumatic Fever?
• Heart failure
• Mitral stenosis
What is the diet and management of Rheumatic fever?
• Hot compress or cold compress are advised several times.
• Cold packs
• Fruit diet with fresh fruit juices
• Fruits – apple, pineapple, peach, pear, grapes, oranges, papaya
• Well balanced diet with whole grain cereals
• Herbs –Asparagus , Black cumin , fenugreek and ajwain
What are the Homeopathic remedies which are indicated in the condition of Rheumatic fever?
Why not ask your query directly to Dr. Thind’s team? Get an expert opinion FOR FREE!