Raynaud Syndrome? Raynaud Disease? What is this? What causes this problem? Is it curable? What are the signs and symptoms? How can homeopathy help you? All of this and more answered, in this post and of course our doctors always there to help you. Just fill in your details in the form down below and we will answer all your questions for FREE!
What is Raynaud’s Syndrome?
Raynaud syndrome is considered a rare disorder that affects the arteries of the body causing its narrowing. Arteries are the blood vessels that carry oxygenated or pure blood from the heart to different parts of blood.
During a Raynaud’s attack, the blood vessels constrict and blood supply to respective areas is reduced. This results in several skin color changes which are often accompanied by throbbing, burning/cold, and numbness to the fingers and toes. Occasionally this disorder affects the body areas like nose, ears, lips, and nipples.
What are the types of Raynaud’s Syndrome?
• Primary Raynaud’s (Raynaud’s disease): An Actual cause of primary Raynaud’s are unknown.
• Secondary Raynaud’s (Raynaud’s phenomenon): It develops as a complication of an underlying disorder. Although it is less common but is serious condition compared to primary Raynaud’s.
What are the causes of Raynaud Syndrome?
• External conditions: Mostly people living in regions with low-temperature areas suffer this kind of ailment.
• Stress: stress is considered to be the major condition affecting and causes of secondary Raynaud’s.
• Rheumatoid arthritis
What are the symptoms and signs of Raynaud’s Syndrome?
• Cold hands and feet.
• Mild swelling.
• Skin of hands or feet turns pale or white and then turns blue.
• Numbness of hands and feet, cold and painful on touch.
• Numbness can last from a minute or as long as several hours.
• Sores or gangrene formation.
• Redness with the sensation of throbbing or tingling once blood flow returns to normal.
What are the investigations of Raynaud’s Syndrome?
• Complete case history
• Physical examination.
• External factors evaluation (such as cold or low temperature)
• Cold stimulation test.
• Antinuclear antibody (ANA).
• Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR).
• Nailfold capillaroscopy.
• C-reactive protein test (CRP).
What is the Prognosis of Raynaud’s Syndrome?
Prognosis is well after proper and regular precautions advised.
What is the Diet and Management of Raynaud Syndrome?
• Quit smoking.
• Massage fingers and toes.
• Move to a warm area.
• Place hands under armpits.
• Make wide circles (windmills) with your arms.
• Meditation and yoga help in relaxing the mind and lower stress.
• Regular counseling with the psychiatrist if one feels over stressed.
• Avoid caffeine.
• Avoid workplace triggers such as chemicals, machines that vibrate much etc.
What are the commonly indicated Homeopathic medications for Raynaud Syndrome?
Why not ask your query directly to Dr. Thind’s team? Get an expert opinion FOR FREE!