PSTD? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? What is this? What causes this problem? Is it curable? What are the signs and symptoms? How can homeopathy help you? All of this and more answered, in this post and of course our doctors always there to help you. Just fill in your details in the form down below and we will answer all your questions for FREE!
What is Post Traumatic stress disorder ( PTSD)?
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition that triggers by the terrifying events that happens in lifetime. Symptoms of post traumatic stress may include flashback, nightmares; sever anxiety and uncontrollable thoughts or even suicidal thoughts or acts.
Some people with traumatic events may feel difficulty in adjusting and coping but with time and care they may recover from it. Where as in some cases patients with traumatic attacks who isolate themselves from society and surrounding, their condition worsens with time and they are completely shaken up in life.
Who are more prone to get PTSD?
It can affect any age group where as females are twice likely as men to show signs of PTSD.
List the causes of Post Traumatic Stress disorder?
• Sexual assault.
• Childhood neglect.
• Domestic abuse.
• Prison stay.
• Plane crash.
• Car accidents/ any accident.
• Civil conflicts.
• Surviving a natural disaster.
• Sudden death of loved one.
• Abusing drug or alcohol.
• Not having adequate social support.
• History of depression or other psychological disorder.
What are the signs and symptoms of PTSD?
• Recalling of the traumatic event.
• Agitation or excitability.
• Feeling heart beat in your chest.
• Difficulty concentration.
• Startling easily.
• Lack of interest in normal activities.
• Feeling like you have no future.
• Emotional numbing.
• Flashback episodes.
• Feeling detached or unable to connect with love ones.
• Feeling of guilt.
• Irritability or anger outburst.
• Hyper vigilance/ over aware of possible danger.
• Feeling of overwhelmed.
• Uncontrollable behavior.
• Constant upsetting feeling.
• Sleeping problems.
• Muscle aches and pains.
What are the investigations of PTSD?
• Complete case history.
• Physical examination.
• Antidepressant therapy.
What are the treatment of PTSD?
• Beta blockers.
• Tranquillizers/Sleep inducing medications.
• Antipsychotic medication.
• Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT).
• Exposure therapy.
• Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
• Stress management therapy.
What is the prognosis of PTSD?
Prognosis of PTSD is good if early diagnosed and is given prompt treatment and if symptoms continue for longer than three months, the condition is considered to be chronic and it may become less severe even if it is not treated it can lead to severe diseases like arthritis, depression etc.
Diet and Management of PTSD?
• Yoga and meditation helps.
• Adopt relaxing techniques.
• Follow your health professional’s instructions.
• Take proper care of patient make them busy with activities like puzzles, cross words games etc.
• Take them to counseling sessions and accompany them.
• Don’t allow them to take self medication for anything.
• When feeling anxious, take a brisk walk or jump or do hobby to divert mind.
• Keep interacting with people who are under traumatic stress make them feel calm and comfortable.
• Read books and novels.
• Watch comedy shows or join laughter group.
• Write your thoughts on a paper.
• Ask them to tell their story and don’t interrupt them.
• Eat right and balanced.
• Drink 6-8 glasses of filtered water daily.
• Exercise at least 5 days a week.
• Avoid addictions of coffee, alcohol and tobacco.
• Eliminate potential food allergens including dairy, wheat, corn, soy and food additives.
• Eat antioxidant food, including fruits and vegetables.
• Reduce or eliminate trans-fatty acids, junk food and processed food.
• Never try to assure trauma patient that you know how they feel.
• Never make them realize that they were luck and alive.
• Never put people with post traumatic stress patients in isolated conditions.
What are the complications of PTSD?
• Alcohol abuse.
• Drug abuse.
• Panic attacks.
• Eating disorder.
• Suicidal thoughts and actions.
• Cardiovascular disease.
• Chronic pain.
What are the Homeopathic remedies for PTSD?
Why not ask your query directly to Dr. Thind’s team? Get an expert opinion FOR FREE!