Lyme disease is a bacterial infection.Lyme disease was first recognized in 1975.Lyme disease is transmitted by bite of a tick.
Lyme disease is caused by bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi , carried by deer ticks .Lyme disease affects different areas of body in varying degrees.
Lyme disease is described in three phases-
Early localized disease –with skin inflammation
Early disseminated disease –heart and nervous system involvement
Late disease –motor and sensory nerve damage
The bacteria enter the skin though bite and reaches into the blood stream.
Causes of Lyme Disease
Lyme disease is an bacterial illness caused by bacterium –spirochete .The name of bacterium is Borrelia burgadorferi .Lyme disease spreads by these ticks when they bite the skin .
Lyme disease is not contagious from an affected person to another .Lyme disease can cause abnormalities in skin , joints , heart and nervous system .
• Stiff neck
• Swollen lymph nodes
• Muscle aches , joints pain
• Less commonly Lyme disease can cause eye inflammation.
• Few patients may develop heart problems –irregular, slow heart beat , dizziness and shortness of breath
• Temporary paralysis of facial muscles ( Bell’s palsy )
• Weakness , numbness and pain in limbs
• Memory loss , difficulty in concentration , changes in mood
• Difficulty in sleep
• Liver inflammation ( hepatitis )
• Chronic joint inflammation
• Facial palsy, neuropathy
• Cognitive defects
• Heart rhythm irregularities
Antibiotics –oral and intravenous antibiotics
• PCR (Polymerase chain reaction)
• ELISA test ( Enzyme linked immunosorbent assay )
• Western blot
• Laboratory disease
• Wearing proper clothing long sleeved shirts, long trousers
• Wearing light color clothing
• Using insect repellants
Arnica Montana –
• Sore, lame, bruised feeling
• Shivering all over the body
• Heat and redness of head , rest of body feels cold
• Itching , burning and eruptions
Gelsemium sempervirens –
• Dizziness, drowsiness and dullness
• Relaxation and prostration
• Lack of muscular coordination
• Vertigo, heaviness in head
Lac caninum –
• Great weakness and prostration
• Rheumatic pains in back and extremities
• Burning in palms and soles
• Stiffness in neck
Rhus toxicodendron –
• Painful swelling of joints
• Stiffness in limbs and lumbosacral region
• Septic conditions
• Nausea, vertigo and bloated abdomen
Why not ask your query directly to Dr. Thind’s team? Get an expert opinion FOR FREE!