Age / Sex group affected by Ovarian Cyst /Poly-cystic ovarian disease
An ovarian cyst is an accumulation of fluid within an ovary that is surrounded by a very thin wall. Any ovarian follicle that is large than approximately two centimeters is an ovarian cyst. Ovarian cyst can range widely in size, from as small as pea to as large as an orange. In very rare cases ovarian cysts can become so large that the women looks pregnant. Ovarian cysts are most frequently reported during female’s reproductive years. However, ovarian cysts may also affect women of any age. They may be single or multiple, and can occur in both the ovaries. Most are benign (non-cancerous), but nearly 15% are malignant (cancerous). Likely symptoms are pain and bleeding. If the cyst which is over 5centimeter in diameter may need to be surgically removed.
Women of all ages are affected by ovarian cyst, but most affected women during their reproductive age.
• Women who have gone through menopause
• Family or personal history of ovarian, breast cancer.
• Hormone replacement therapy
• Early menstruation at 11years or younger.
• Infertility treatment with gonadotropin medication.
• Dull aching or severe sudden and sharp pain or discomfort in the lower abdomen on either side of pelvis, vagina, lower back or thighs. Pain may be constant or intermittent.
• Fullness, heaviness, pressure, swelling or blotting in the abdomen.
• Tenderness of breast.
• Nausea and vomiting.
• Increase facial hair or body hair.
• Irregular periods or abnormal uterine bleeding or spotting.
• Strange pain in ribs, which feel muscular.
• Weight gain.
• Cigarette smoking also increases the risk of functional ovarian cyst.
• Ectopic pregnancy.
• Polycystic ovarian disease.
• Renal calculus.
• Inflammatory Bowel disease.
• Endometriosis • Meckel Diverticulum.
• A functional ovarian cyst often doesn’t need treatment. They usually go away of their own with in 8-12 weeks.
• Oral contraceptive pills (OCP) are used for initial management of ovarian cyst.
• Surgery to remove the cyst or ovary may be needed in same cases to make sure it is not ovarian cancer.
Types of surgery are:
1. Exploratory Laprotomy
2. Pelvic Laparoscopy.
Cysts in the women who are still having periods are more likely to go away on their own. High risk of cancer in women who are Postmenopausal.
• Rupture of cyst
• Reducing dairy products
• Elimination of white flour.
• Reducing processed foods and aerated water.
• Coconut water, wheat grass juice and aloe Vera juice also help.
• Adding fruits, leafy green vegetables and fiber can help healing naturally.
• Exercise regularly which may include walk or swimming can also help in controlling pain and distress
• Congestion and inflammation of the right ovary, with soreness in the inguinal region, burning, stinging and tumefaction. • numbness down the thighs
• Tightness of the chest reflex cough may also present.
• Stinging pains in the ovaries associated with profuse menses.
• spotting at mind of cycles with itching and burning in the vagina which is worse after urination
• Itching and burning, worse after micturating. Better washing with cold water.
• Menses late due to delayed ovulation associated with hormone imbalance
• Menses are scanty.
• Sever pain in left ovary and left inguinal pain.
• Most helpful in cases of infertility due to recurrent ovarian cyst formation associated with PCOS.
• Burning tensive pain in the ovaries relieved by hot application.
• Restlessness, thirst for small quantities of water at short intervals.
• ovarian neuralgia; burning pains from ovary up in to abdomen and down into thighs.
• Shooting pain from left ovary across the pubes or up to the mammary gland.
• Ovaries enlarge and indurated with lancinating pain.
• Ill effects of suppressed sexual appetite or suppressed menses.
• Left ovarian cyst.
• Hot loquacious, jealous and often very aggressive with increases sexual desire.
• Ovarian pain ameliorates with flow and it worse before periods.
• Bearing down sensation with feeling as if a ball wall attached to the ovary.
• Yellow-greenish discharge with intense itching.
• Irregular periods with sharp cutting pains.
• Painful intercourse and congestion of the uterus.
• Feels a boring pain in her ovary; must draw up her knees or double over to ease the pain.
• Best indicated for small cystic tumors in the ovaries or in the ovaries or broad ligaments.
• Amelioration by warmth and pressure on lower abdomen.
• Patient is cross, impatient ans irritable. suffers headaches with sensation of enlarged eyes, face looks old and wrinkled.
• Menses delayed.
• Leucorrhea very profuse, foul, greenish yellow in color; stains of menses and leucorrhea very hard to wash out.
• Increased flow of saliva during menses.
• Intense burning in the vagina.
• It is good remedy for nervous breakdown in women at climacteric
• Very useful remedy in uterine displacement.
• Intense sore and bruised feeling in uterus.
• Vaginal tissues are relaxed. Lack of tonicity of pelvic contents.
• All complaints increases while standing and walking or sudden jar
• Menses too late, scanty, lasting for a few hours.
• Bearing down pains before menses.
• Ovarian region feels heavy and congested (ovaritis).
• Leucorrhoea is excoriating
• Genitals itch and smart. Faints while making an effort to sit.
• Miscarriages take place frequently and early stage giving an impression of sterility.
• Worse lying on the affected side, in warm room, evening and night. better in open air and resting.
• Remedy is strongly recommended for the cure of hemorrhages, particularly constant bleeding from bladder.
• Hemorrhage from uterus is followed by pain micturition. Flow is profuse and bright red in color.
• Pain in left ovary and hip
• Epistaxis instead of menses.
• Pregnant women with weak uterus.
• Copaiva has powerful action on mucous membranes particularly of urinary track
• Nettle rash on skin
• There is itching of vulva and anus with bloody purulent discharge.
• Menses are profuse and foul smelling
• Pain radiates to hip bone and is followed by nausea.
• Useful remedy in case of urethritis with burning on the neck of bladder and in urethra. discharge is milky and corrosive
• Meatus urinary is swollen, inflamed and sore as though wounded.
• Menses appear too early and copious
• Leucorrhoea will be thin and watery
• Burning in ovaries and uterus, ulceration of cervix. Discharge of blood is offensive.
• Epilepsy at time of menses.
• Useful remedy in case of a palliative in cancer of mammae.